‘Kick-a-germ-Joy-juice’ and ‘Golden Milk’
By special request* of friends, family and work collegues, I’ve typed up my special brew I use when I get a cold, to help eliminate, and build the immunity system – it’s gold. I’ve also added a couple of other pictures and links from other sources that are just fantastic – be healthy, be smart and prevent with a supportive diet:
KICK-A-GERM-JOY-JUICE (SIMPLE IMMUNE BREW)
A natural ‘brew’ for colds — that works!
– 6 large cloves of FRESH* raw roughly chopped garlic – the red** garlic is the most potent
– 4 cm of FRESH*, finely grated ginger (if you don’t have any fresh, you can use 4 heaped tspns of powdered ginger; but, not recommended unless an emergency
AND IF YOU HAVE THEM ON HAND
– 1 or 2 small birds eye chillies
– 1 Cinnamon stick
1. Put everything in a 3/4 filled mid-sized saucepan of cold water (about 1.5 litres).
2. Bring to boil, then SIMMER gently for 15 minutes (the ginger will be a pale white). Take off stove and cool slightly before using.
3. For each cup of the brew, strain; then add the juice of 1/2 to one lemon – the more lemon, the better; then add honey to sweeten – a good tablespoon if you’ve used a full lemon.
– Drink the whole cup; then have at least 2 more cups in a day minimum; and watch that cold disappear.
– You can drink 4-6 cups a day for up to three days; then drop it back to 2 cups a day till cold has gone.
– This brew will make you sweat a bit, so….. enjoy the process of elimination!
*NOT pre-prepared from a tube/tin/jar
** In Australia, we have a lot of white garlic that is imported from China (ask your grocer where the garlic is from ie. local or imported) – try and avoid this, as it has often been bleached; and/or, can be grown in less that favorable conditions (and is sometimes the reason they bleach it – to remove ‘bacteria’. The locally grown red-skinned garlic is the most potent/best.
OTHER SIMILAR BREWS & REMEDIES
FOR ASSISTING WITH IMFLAMMATION, ACHES AND PAINS, TUMERIC OR GOLDEN MILK IS DELICIOUS, EASY TO MAKE AND WILL DO GREAT THINGS FOR YOUR ENTIRE IMMUNE SYSTEM
Instructions: Take 1/4 cup turmeric powder [UPDATE: also add a teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper to aid with digestion of tumeric], mix with 1/2 cup pure water and simmer over medium-high heat for at least 7 minutes, stirring constantly. You will notice a thick paste form. If it get’s too dry while cooking you can add additional water. Once cooled, put into a glass jar and put in fridge. This is good for a few weeks to one month.
If you are not familiar with Turmeric or where to get it, you should be able to purchase the powder from health food stores, Indian spice stores or other places online.
Making Golden Milk
Add 1 tsp of the turmeric paste to 1 cup. hot milk (preferably non-lactose rice, almond, or any other combination of milk), maple syrup or honey to taste and 1/2 tsp. of almond or sesame oil. Gently heat and stir and then Enjoy!
SOURCE: Dr. Arjan Khalsa
Cheers — to your good health !
IMMUNE BREW Disclaimer: I’m not a doctor and give this simple recipe as an aid to assist alleviation of the symptoms of cold and flu. As always, seek medical help if symptoms persist.
The above information is from ancient ayurvedic tradition. Nothing in this article or video should be construed as medical advice. The recipe has naturally occurring ingredients which have traditionally been used to support the structure and function of the human body for thousands of years. Always check with your personal physician or licensed health care practitioner before making any significant modification in your diet or lifestyle, to insure that the ingredients or lifestyle changes are appropriate for your personal health condition and consistent with any medication you may be taking.